“a superlative, sensitive pianist”
– The New York Times
- Artistic Director of the Menuhin Competition
- Artistic Director of the Gower Festival
- Chairman of the Vendome Prize piano competition
- Artistic Advisor of the Hattori Foundation
- An international teacher and acclaimed recording artist.
Mr. Back accompanied Leonidas Kavakos, when he won the second prize at Indianapolis Violin Competition, then played concerts in Europe with him when he was in his early 20s. Mr. Back also played with Sarah Chang from the age of nine, and Maxim Vengerov when he won Carl Flesch when he was 16. He accompanied Julia Fischer at the Menuhin Competition when she was 13, when she won first prize.
Gordon Back has been the official accompanist forthe Carl Flesch Competition in London, the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow and the Queen Elisabeth Competition in Brussels. He accompanied for the Indianapolis Competition. And of course, for the Menuhin Competition.