The 2021 Atlanta Festival Academy will have TWO different programs, and look for the Competition to return in 2022!
Chamber Music Camp (CMC)
- Dates: July 19 – 31, 2021
- Violin, Viola, and Cello students 10 to 23 years old
- Daily hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (no camp activities weekend of July 24 and 25)
- Tuition is $1,390 (includes private lesson, admission to all concerts and master classes, daily snacks)
- There is a $35 non-refundable application fee
- Students from out of town will be responsible for finding own room and board
- Applicants must submit a recent video recording along with the online registration form. Video clip length should be about 6-8 minutes; applicants may choose two contrasting pieces. Please upload your video to YouTube, title your video with “AFA 2021, YOUR NAME, YOUR INSTRUMENT”, and select Unlisted when you upload it. Separate takes of your pieces are allowed, but no edits within those takes are permitted. Former AFA students don’t need to submit a recording.
- Click here to apply.
Chamber Music Camp Refund Policy:
- All registrations include a $35 non-refundable registration fee.
- Chamber Music Camp Student: 50% refund (minus $35 registration fee) if student withdraws after June 30, 2021.
- No refunds will be offered after July 10, 2021.
- Payments can be made via check or PayPal.
- In addition to accepting payment in full, AFA offers an installment plan for the Chamber Music Camp of $500 per payment. Due dates are May 15, June 15, and July 15.
Atlanta Festival Chamber Orchestra (AFCO)
- Applications and audition videos accepted on a rolling basis
- Click here to view full details and to apply
If you have any questions, please send us an email and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Chamber Music Camp Registration
- Students will receive chamber music coachings with AFA faculty, private lesson, sectional coaches, and master classes
- Free admission to all AFA masterclasses
- Free admission to all AFA concerts
- Daily snacks and beverages