The 2020 Atlanta Festival Academy will have THREE different programs.
Atlanta Festival Academy (AFA)
– Dates: July 20 – 28, 2020
– Violin, Viola, Cello and Double Bass students (age 9 to 23)
– Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion students (age 14 to 23)
– Daily hours: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Sunday is an off day)
– Day Camp tuition is $1,390 (includes two private lessons, admission to all concerts and masterclasses, daily lunch and snacks)
– International/Overnight tuition is $2,390 (includes airport transportation, one-day city tour, and housing with a local host family in addition to all Day Camp benefits)
– Applicants must submit a recent video recording to email@example.com along with the online registration form. Video clip length should be about 5 minutes; applicants may freely choose repertoire.
Atlanta Festival Junior Academy (AFJA)
– Dates: July 20 – 26, 2020
– AFJA will accept 20 violin students ages 5 to 8. Student’s level should be between Beginner and Two-Years playing.
– Daily hours: 9:00 am – 12:00pm noon
– AFJA tuition is $600 (includes daily lessons, masterclasses, and tickets to all AFA concerts and performances)
Atlanta Festival Competition (AFC) – details for this new competition will be announced in early 2020.
Early Bird Registration Special!
Students receive a 20% discount if registered and tuition paid in full by February 15, 2020.
– All registrations include a $100 non-refundable registration fee.
– Day Camp Student: 50% refund (minus $100 registration fee) if student withdraws after July 5, 2020.
– Overnight Camp Student: 50% refund (minus $100 registration fee) if student withdraws after June 20, 2020.
– No refunds will be offered after July 15, 2020.
– Payments can be made via check or PayPal.
– In addition to accepting payment in full, AFA offers an installment plan: $500 per payment for Day Camp students, $900 per payment for International/ Overnight students. Due dates are February 15, April 15, and June 15.
If you have any questions, please send us an email and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Day Camp Registration
- Students will receive two private lessons, sectional coaches, masterclasses, chamber music with AFA faculty
- Free admission to all AFA masterclasses
- Free admissions to all AFA concerts
- Daily lunch, snacks, and beverages
Tuition for international/overnight registrants includes everything for day camp registrants as well as:
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Metro Atlanta sight-seeing tour
- Housing with a local host family
- Hyatt Place-Johns Creek offers special pricing to AFA students or parents who prefer to stay in a hotel